A/PIC (Asian/Pacific Islander Caucus),
a caucus of DRUUMM (Diverse and
Revolutionary Unitarian Universalist Multicultural Ministries)
supports the stance to boycott Arizona and move our UUA General
Assembly 2012. These are not easy decisions and we have had many
discussions within our steering committee, membership, and general
lists on this topic. The elements that most influenced our decision
We will continue the discussion and invite everyone to participate in
this discussion in three ways:
- Supporting LUUNA and their wish that the UUA boycott Arizona;
- Affirming the position of our parent organization, DRUUMM, in
favor of the boycott;
- Concern from and for People of Color who do not feel safe
traveling in Arizona while this law is active;
- Standing in solidarity with immigrant advocacy organizations
in Arizona who have called for boycott.
The A/PIC steering committee will continue to monitor these channels
as well as participate in the discussion during our GA in Minneapolis.
- Add your comments to the DRUUMM conversation
site.The DRUUMM stance and the LUUNA stance are also posted here for your review.
- Send an email to general [at] apiuu [dot] org
- For more private consideration, send an email to steering [at] apiuu [dot] org
A/PIC Steering Committee